My life is just... Different.
- The ride is too long… Have you ever had to sit and wait for about an hour on the bus just to get to a spot that would usually take a 30 minute drive? Leave it to Metro to prolong the torture.
- When you wait at the bus stop too long (And it was suppose to be there 5 minutes ago) Yeah I understand it all too well.
- The smell on the bus. Now usually it will smell all nice and clean but when the bus has been driven around it has some stinky stenches left behind by some stinky bus riders. And most times it is usually late at night when I am coming back from school. SMH.
- The loud and Obnoxious bus riders (More to come in the next list!)
- The overcrowding of buses. It is horrible at rush hour, things get really cramped. Even though the bus driver can see it’s getting packed he or she will keep stopping at every stop to pick up more riders. HOI and all the riders on the cramped bus are trying not to fall on each other or get into each others personal space. Mostly for me it’s trying not to put my butt into peoples faces. (That’s not nice… I will not play the Rikishi card)
- Fare enforcement… Who told Metro to use the money they don’t have to fund people to check peoples fares? It is a smart idea for them but for us bus riders it’s really kind of annoying to always show them your pass after you have already shown it to the bus driver. But I still understand why they have them.
- Rude bus drivers. I am talking about the mean mugging, force a fake smile to the other bus riders who are dressed professionally. I have personally gone through that, the bus driver smiled widely at me but the high school kid behind me got the mean mug. Now why would you do that? You know SPS are paying for their Orca cards, DON’T be rude! Oh and to those bus drivers who just ignore the people running to bus stops trying to catch the bus, SHAME ON YOU!
- When the bus drivers miss your stop. Now most of the time the bus driver usually couldn’t see the stop because let’s face it, when it’s dark outside you cannot see well. But at least try to use your high beams to check for old bus stops with no lights near by to light the stop.
- This is for Seattle’s newer line of buses, if you advertise WiFi on the bus, MAKE SURE IT WORKS! WiFi just might be the only thing keeping someone in contact with others… Yeah so what if that would be my story? Don’t judge.
- Last but not least the bus fare raise. Now I have read in an article that they are charging drivers more to renew their tabs so they do not raise the fare for low income bus riders. In my opinion that is a great idea, but that is because I do not own a car nor do I drive, but it seems like price will be staying the same. I often times remember when bus fare for youth was .50 Cents and Adults were 1.25, and I am only 21! They had to bump up the prices almost every year i was in high school. SMH
Well that’s about it for my list for bus rides. These are my opinions on my bus ride. If you do not agree then it’s cool that is your choice. I hope you enjoyed reading my list. Look out for more. :)